1. *Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
2. *A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
–George Bernard Shaw
3. *Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
–James Bovard, Civil Libertarian (1994)
4. *Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.
–Douglas Casey, at Georgetown U.(1992)
5. *I don’t make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
6. *If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist.
–Joseph Sobran, Editor of the National Review at one time
7. *Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn’t mean politics won’t take an interest in you.
–Pericles (430 B.C.)
8. *No man’s life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session.
–Mark Twain (1866)
9. *Talk is cheap-except when Congress does it.
10. *The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings.. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery.
11. *The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
–Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
12. *There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress.
13. *What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
— Edward Langley, Artist 1928-1995